View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 02:45 AM   #98
jrengmusic
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sightlessness View Post
Already changed the images' size. What would I need now to change on the rtconfig file? I wanted to pm you but the button "send message" doesn't work.
And if you told me to desist, I would understand. It's your theme.
If you insist to do it by yourself...

These are steps to update themes to HiDPI/Retina support, so basically you should do the opposite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post

For purposes of people updating other themes to HiDPI/Retina support -- I wouldn't do this yet, really, as this stuff is in flux. But if you insist on doing it for your own enjoyment, knowing that they will likely break before a releasable version gets released, here are the things to know:
  • make the images double-size-ish, except for item_*
  • make double-size-ish item_*_hidpi (for Windows)
  • roughly double most font sizes in the theme
  • add a global_scale 2.0 line to the rtconfig.txt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Yes, this is a mess. Retina/HiDPI work vastly different on each platform (or between Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 10 Anniversary Update, and apparently a forthcoming Win10 update for that matter)...
Be careful with images with pink yellow/lines, they will not work straightforwardly just by changing the size of the image.

Also take note that, this theme uses a lot of custom macro which may or may not work at the downsized scale.

As the original post titled this is a Work In Progress, currently there are a lot of major changes in assets and logic arrangement from the downloadable version from my website. Whatever changes you've done in the current WIP version will look and work significantly different from the final release.