View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 06:57 PM   #21
Wino Bob
Human being with feelings

The Audition Strip at the bottom with the Play and Auto Button lets you prelisten to audio files (like .WAV). With the [AUTO] button enabled, audio files are automatically played back on selection.

But this feature won't work on .NKI files (which are selected in your screenshots) since this is the file format of the Kontakt Instruments.
___
So, am I correct in saying that this is no big deal, since I should be able to hear the actual Kontakt sound of the .NKI file through my monitor speakers by: 1) First load the instrument (.NKI file) you want to use (via the [Libraries] Tab or via the [Files] Tab by double-clicking the .NKI instrument file) so it shows up in the Kontakt Rack on the right side.
2) Then use the MIDI keys to trigger/play the sounds of the loaded instrument

If so, that's the first problem - when I do 1/2, and play my midi keyboard, I do not get a Kontakt sound, I get the sound of my keyboard through the keyboard speakers. (However, the NKI file does show up on the right side so, 1 works, 2 does not)
___
As a side note: in general, I'd recommend to use Insert > Virtual instrument on new Track and select the Kontakt Player.
This would be the second problem, if I'm in Reaper, open a new track and Insert > Virtual instrument on new Track - there is no Kontakt Player to select. If for example, I select Instruments only the three "Rea . . " show up.

Again, all gratitude for your help
Wino Bob is offline   Reply With Quote