View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 01:31 PM   #20
MRMJP
Human being with feelings

Yes. Exporting, metadata for mp3/WAV files is a decent part of what I think is missing.

WaveLab lets you enter the project info such as artist name, album title, track title, ISRC codes and a myriad of other info and it gets pushed to all applicable CD-Text and ID3 metadata fields as well as the EBU standard for ISRC codes in the AXML chunk.

What's even better is that the track titles are auto-populated from the source file name which in my workflow is always the precise song/track name and ISRC codes can be entered in a way that you just enter the first code and it is automatically incremented up one digital for each track.

It's all extremely elegantly done natively. In the fast paced world of mastering, we can't be reliant on a script for this that might break with an update somewhere and need fixing.

This is just a small part of what I'm getting at.

I think some people think that mastering engineers use apps like WaveLab and Sequoia for the built-in plugins but really it's for the elegant and deep mastering focused features and workflow.