View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 07:39 PM   #430
JamesPeters
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by eufex View Post
I'm using ReaInsert on a track to route midi to an external device and audio back in (several tracks actually).
I now wish to render the audio inside of Reaper.
If I select one of the tracks and choose Render tracks to stereo stem tracks (and mute originals) the render process will begin for a few second and then Reaper completely crashes out.

Selecting Freeze track instead will delete the ReaInsert from the channel completely and perform no other action.
Using ReaInsert to send to hardware, and receive the audio back again, you can't just render it as though your external audio hardware is a plugin dealing with audio "in the DAW". You need to record audio to the track as though it's any other live audio that you'd record with a microphone or DI (etc.) It can only be processed live, due to the hardware requiring the audio being played live through it.

Here's a video with an example of this being done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMAup8OQ_7s

Alternately I imagine you could use ReaInsert on the input fx bin of the track you're recording audio to. In that case you wouldn't select "record output" for the track, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightnb View Post
5. Clicking settings button (gear) in Kontakt sometimes crashes reaper.

7. Sometimes audio just goes all glitchy for no reason.
#5: That's probably an issue with whatever you're using to bridge Kontakt, since it's not a native Linux plugin. There's a thread on this forum for using Windows plugins in Reaper for Linux, and Kontakt is discussed there. Maybe that will be of some help (sorry but I don't use any Windows plugins).

#7: I don't have that happen, and I haven't noticed other users mentioning it either, so you'd need to provide details about how to reproduce it.

Last edited by JamesPeters; 02-08-2020 at 07:49 PM.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote