View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 09:59 AM   #46
musicbynumbers
Human being with feelings

erichiop, good points there!

I too feel the same about how much this feature has changed my work process so am big into getting it added to asap.

1. added it to the list!

2. Not quite sure what you mean here? all subprojects are just normal projects and can be loaded, edited and saved as normal which then updates any other projects that contain them (even if not loaded at the time). If I've got that wrong, feel free to add more detail here.

3. I've already added this request to the top but i think my request was more about defining parts of the subproject as different takes/options in the main project. (a quick tip is that using the "open copy of item in editor" menu option will create a duplicate of the subproject which is hand y to try out different options)
For now, it might be worth using different subprojects for the different scenes (if you don't already) as I've got a feature film coming up next month which will need a lot of this stuff so I intend to put each scene's dialogue into different subprojects but on the same master project's track as it makes moving it all around easy and loading just that one scene's dialogue faster. I still would like this feature though!

4. That would be useful. For now it's not too bad as you can reaper update the subproject on save/change tab and then when you're in the master project you can use the action "render project using most recent settings" which will then render them quickly (if done once before hand) This is what I'm doing now

As a bonus to this, me and a few others are working with Taz from Fabric audio to make ".PROX" files work in fabric (under unity) in this very manner so not only can you open the reaper subproject from within unity but you can also pop into reaper, change the subproject and then go back into unity to have the sound instantly updated. It's going to be amazing!