View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 09:58 AM   #64
sonicowl
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Thanks for the answers, I will try mpl's tool as well, but somehow could not find enough reasons yet, it felt more like:
-mpl's tool will add 5 new features, which shortcircuit 1.1.2 maybe does not offer BUT
-remove 99 other features which are available in shortcircuit 1.1.2

doing the math: +5 - 99 = -94, which is negative, not positive, for me. Of course if you never used shortcircuit fully, ignoring its millions possibilities you might think it is just a sampler. You should use its built in effects, plus editing its .scm (.xml file) to add various effects, automatically, not manually, one by one, that would take ages. In short, drag 100 samples, run a script modifiying the .scm, and you have a crazy machine you can have fun with. Be it via the new hackey trackey, the tracker item editor of genious saike, for atomic editing, or via a hardware midi controller. It is then something like an elektron device, in the computer, together with a hardware controller.

Regarding windows only, yes, right, I am using it so far in wine in ubuntu/mint.
Did MPL say RS5k Manager is a replacement for Shortcircuit? I never saw that. RS5k is frontend for Reasamplomatic 5000. Why even compare? You don't have to decide for one, just use both and have fun.
sonicowl is online now   Reply With Quote