View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 07:30 PM   #94
Time Waster
Human being with feelings

It's been a while since I added any new modules to the audio control version of ReaRack, and I still haven't added anything new because I got sidetracked by an idea I had to enhance the Trapezoidal oscillator. The idea was to allow the sides of the waveform to be morphed into a sine wave. This does two things, firstly the oscillator can now morph between all four of the classic analog synth waveforms (square-pulse, saw, triangle and sine). Secondly, the sine (actually cosine) edges can be used to reduce aliasing, because increasing the degree of 'sineness' acts like a lowpass filter. I've configured it so that as the frequency increases the degree of sineness increases, reducing the level of the harmonics above the Nyquist frequency. Note increasing the 'sineness' decreases the amount of waveform modulation possible.

Also, a minor update to the Moog Filter module: set the default limiter setting to "off". I found that the limiter behaves erratically in some circumstances, so preferably it should only be used if really necessary.

In the stash here: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/34071/ReaR...dularSynth.zip