View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 06:57 AM   #31
charles.monteiro
Human being with feelings

just because things seem to jive visually at one zoom level does not mean that there's no latency, so I trust that you zoomed in enough to know.

Secondly, could not help but notice that the loopback track was in mp3 format. Not sure if it makes a difference but to me it does not make for a "controlled" experiment.

I'm using BFD for drums i.e. midi. In that case a midi track is triggering the midi instrument, that should be immediate , not much data flying thru, then there's the output of the instrument back into the mix, so that would seem to be an issue with monitoring. It would be interesting to understand if there was any latency between the moment the trigger happens and the midi instrument's output hits your ears. Another important aspect of making sure things are "jiving" sonically. Don't believe that the current experiments we have been doing would be appropriate for this. Or would they? Instead of a recorded tick, maybe a midi file with a tick event and have the midi instrument's output routed to record?
charles.monteiro is offline   Reply With Quote