View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 03:07 PM   #242
juliansader
Human being with feelings

You are familiar with almost everything that is needed to use my scripts, so the next steps should be easy:

INSTALLATION: If ReaPack has installed correctly, and you have already downloaded the scripts (Extensions -> ReaPack -> Synchronize packages), my scripts should show up in the Actions list's MIDI editor section. Do you see them there?

You can assign a keyboard shortcut to the "Insert linear or shaped ramps between selected CCs or pitches in lane under mouse" script, similar to how you assign a shortcut to any native action (I personally use ctrl+alt+V, for example), and if you press the shortcut while the mouse is over some CC lane with selected CCs, the script will insert CCs in-between the selected CCs in that lane.

GETTING HELP: Most of my scripts provide extensive Descriptions and Instructions. These can be read in two ways:
* by opening the script file in any text editor (or in REAPER's built-in script editor, by clicking the "Edit" button in the Actions list),
* or via ReaPack's browser, by right-clicking the script and selecting "About this package". (ReaPack's "About" window automatically updates as you scroll through the scripts, so it is an easy way to browse script descriptions.)

MOUSE MODIFIERS VS CONTINUOUS SCRIPTS: The "js_Insert..." script, like most other actions, runs once and then quit. Some other scripts, such as my Warp scripts, are more like the left-drag mouse modifier actions with which you draw CCs: the script continues to run while you move the mouse, until you stop the script.

However, continuous scripts respond to shortcut keys and mouse buttons in an opposite way to mouse modifier actions:
* To run a mouse modifier action, you press the keyboard modifiers (such as ctrl) and the mouse button together, and then hold them all down while moving the mouse.
* In contrast, to run continuous scripts, press the shortcut key *once* to start the script and then move the mouse or mousewheel *without* pressing any mouse buttons. Press the shortcut key again once to stop the script.

(The first time that the script is stopped, REAPER will pop up a dialog box asking whether to terminate or restart the script. Select "Terminate" and "Remember my answer for this script".)

MOUSEWHEEL SHORTCUTS: By default, REAPER can only link one Action with one mousewheel shortcut (such as Ctrl+Shift+mousewheel with "Zoom vertically").

However, linking each of my scripts to its own mousewheel shortcut is not ideal, since it would mean that the user must remember several modifier combinations, one for each script. (Mousewheel modifiers such as Ctrl+Shift+mousewheel are more difficult to remember than keyboard shortcuts such as "A".)

My scripts therefore uses a trick by which one script, namely "js_Run..." (which acts like a kind of 'master control' script) broadcasts mousewheel movements to all other scripts. You only have to link this one script to a mousewheel+modifier shortcut, and its mousewheel shortcut can then control the curve of any of the other scripts such as Arch or Compress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicMan View Post
I have downloaded and installed the ReaPacks and your script is listed under "Extensions".
If you are referring to the ReaPack browser, scripts should be listed under "Scripts", and only "ReaPack package manager" (or perhaps other extensions) should be listed under "Extensions".

Last edited by juliansader; 01-11-2018 at 03:06 AM.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote