View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
dave007
Human being with feelings

Default reaper sends deluge of volume/pan msgs

SUMMARY
-------
reaper sends a continuous stream of volume and pan messages on the channel[s] associated w/given midi track[s] upon deactivation of sync if playback has been attempted. this has the annoying quality of completely locking up the synth that is connected to the computer. shutting down reaper resolves the problem.

TO REPRODUCE
------------
1. record some tracks from an outboard synth, making sure that reaper's external timecode sync [right-click over transport bar 'play' button] is set for playback and recording.
2. right-click the playback button on the transport panel and reset sync on playback only.
3. when you uncheck the 'playback' checkbox, look at the outboard synth. you'll see that at least one channel [and possibly all of them, depending on how you've set your solo's] is being flooded w/a continuous stream of midi pan and volume msgs.
4. click the checkbox again. your synth should quiet back down after a while, depending on how long you waited to re-check the checkbox.
5. repeat steps 3-4 ad lib to re-introduce the problem.

i don't know if this add'l info will be helpful, but i've configured my reaper to NOT return the playback head to where it started [i.e., just stay put] when spacebar is pressed a second time.

Last edited by dave007; 07-15-2013 at 09:36 PM. Reason: clarification
dave007 is offline   Reply With Quote