View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 09:27 AM   #64
Ozman
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozman View Post
Hmmm... automation items, the smoothest integration I can think of:

They'll contain information of points inside, not needing to have end points. The points contained will smoothly interpolate with previous and next points where ever they may be. Edges of the items could be adjustable as well as stretchable (mouse modifier). I can picture them acting as fluid as a selection of points currently is (i.e. adjustments of selection region and effecting ponts contained, without creating edge points). Pretty much like selections with the added ability of labeling and saving them.

Shucks, maybe later having stretch markers as well.

I know that it maybe simpler to have edge points created, but not absolutely necessary. The primary bits of data stored, I'm guessing, is the placement and length of the item and the relative positioning of its constituent points (and ther values, of course).

That information alone should be enough for smooth interpolation without end points.

Pretty much, end points could be optional when creating and/or adjusting automation items.

Wow,... I just gave it a real shot, and it pretty much already acts like this! Awesome!

Will be nice to see how the layering is implemented. Having Automation clips that control multiple parameters will be a dream come true.
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote