View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 02:30 PM   #6
Robert Randolph
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
This is the reason I started to configure custom menus - not to forget things I used and found useful. In the end, I created REAPER ReWorked as a culmination of all the customizations I did. I can tell you I'm pretty satisfied with REAPER ever since I declared the whole configuration finished.

I'm actually doing music when I open REAPER these days. A MIRACLE!
ReWorked is a cool project, and I'm glad you published your work.

However, this does come back to another point I brought up. What if your project becomes more popular than the defaults? That's going to pose a fairly significant problem in culture, user support and put the developers in a strange place if they wish to adopt your work.

If your project becomes popular enough then that would indicate to me that it's possible (again, ReaMenus) to make a fairly significant improvement over the defaults.

But that comes with the pain of changing a lot of documentation, videos, tutorials, posts etc... So it can't be done lightly (or at all?).

It's a really strange spot for the developers to be in, but it is awesome that people like you even have the ability to do something about it.
Robert Randolph is offline   Reply With Quote