View Single Post
Old 12-25-2016, 03:11 PM   #269
groover 101
Human being with feelings

First up, thanks to cfillion for his great work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by groover 101 View Post
Yeah reapack, you mean all I gotta do is connect my 2 yr old unvirusprotected dedicated DAW to the net in order to get this stuff, thanks for nothing I guess...

was nice window shopping though.
This was a comment about nowhere in the OP is it mentioned that a net connection is needed, I bought my w7 Dell with browsers and other non audio stuff uninstalled [custom install] I took time out of a busy schedule to DL Reapack on a phone, transfer it across and spend 30 dumbass minutes figuring out the net connect option [or so I thought] was in fact THE modus operandi of Reapack. So the partial meltdown was bc of that simple omission in the OP* that cost me unnecessary time and effort.

*Please realize an idiot is someone who doesn't know something you learned yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by James HE View Post
So i guess you never update REAPER either? You could use another machine to get the updates. Save the configuration (be sure to include scripts and JSFX). Then import it to your DAW.
Yes I transfer Reaper updates, vst's etc. via USB from tablet and phone but cant access the net directly from PC through those android devices. Stuff like Kontakt, Sgear and the rest of it I use offline activation method.
Thanks for the other info, although mshnell is suggesting there may be some issues with that, you see, that's the sort of stuff I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannister View Post
Turn on your virus software and quit whining, i guess..?
After the time already lost, I hadn't the patience for long-winded explanations such as I'm obligated to furnish now that the kangaroo court is in full session.
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
groover 101
Wait.
Nice, and there I was constantly checking the thread in case someone would take pity on a computer fool who was finding activating Reapack somewhat frustrating. As I said, all of this could have been avoided by a simple statement in the OP "requires net [DAW] connection" -it wasn't until I'd gone through all the hoops that this became painfully evident, so I repeat, the issue is not that a net connection is required and that some ingrate is whining, it's that it wasn't mentioned anywhere in the thread, [I rhed the entire thread up to that point] so my complaint should be rhed as "Please edit OP to inform that a net connection is required, not just to DL Reapack, but to install Reapack itself, thank you"
groover 101 is offline   Reply With Quote