View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 12:44 PM   #5
Human being with feelings

Second Life does require a fairly good gaming system with a modern graphics card and a good broadband connection to work well. The sound stream is independent, however and should work fine. A landowner or music club sets up to point to a url address which is usually a shoutcast server. There are howto instructions about this in secondlife help. If you have an interest as a solo musician there, search for live music - old salt's pub is one place, there's auditions on Mondays. Send me a message here or in sl (Jazz Glineux) if u want to test out the audio. It may be difficult to run sl on your pc and run a lot of other things, but may work ok with just ninjam. Anwyay, these are things that would be interesting to test. I can send interested people a shoutcast login for testing purposes or if there's a jam scheduled I can connect in and test sending it in, it's not really necessary to join and have an avatar there to do this, but i'm curious to see how well it can work with multiple avatars operating the instruments.
Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote