View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 05:46 AM   #57
Pet
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI90 View Post
...REAPER just defaulted to its most basic theme...
Heh heh, I know that trap very well ! This happens when REAPER doesn't find the folder with the images. To check that, open the "*.ReaperTheme" (NOT the *.ReaperThemeZip) in a text editor.
  • Scroll down to the bottom and look for these two lines:
    => ui_img=Default_5_Dark_EXTENDED
    this may differ from yours, BUT this tells REAPER the name of the folder with the images
    => ui_img_path=D:\_Programme\MusikProgs\Reaper 5.0 Pre Daten\ColorThemes\- extended
    THIS tells REAPER, where that folder is on your HD (I just copied it from my system as example)
Cause I don't know how and where you unpacked the theme, I can't be more detailed, but I'm sure you understand. For general informations about this, go to this thread: 2. Common tweaks to a REAPER theme to the "Required knowledge : Unpacking a theme" part.
--------------------------------------------------------
The Photoshop-Thingy
I downloaded your attachement and s.th. is indeed wrong with it, I can see the pink lines in the theme.
  • Personally I do it this way:
    => The very first thing I do in PS is to select the pink lines and cut them out to a new layer. They MUST BE RGB 255/0/255 and ZERO transparency. Move this layer above all other layers.
    => Now you can do with the layers below whatever you want without accidently changing the pink lines.
PS: You have changed the "mcp_extmixbg.png" already, haven't you? Otherwise you won't see the opacity changes in the "mcp_fxlist_norm.png", cause it's almost the same color...