Thread: RE[a]DD...
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 02:08 AM   #50
cubic13
Human being with feelings

Default v1.20 is in the stash...

Sorry for the late answer and, hopi, thanks for helping sostenuto !
@BobF & madahorn : no harm done, really. Check the update described below : maybe you'll feel better with this one...

------
So, another update, that I couldn't avoid, as it brings few more enhancements that were needed, in my view, especially the two first ones...

1) The more evident : I changed both the mixer faders background and the thumbs and increased their movement length. While I was at it, I recalibrate the scale to the Reaper default -72/+12 dB fader range, the meters staying with a -72/+6dB one. Think it's much more REDD looking, this way (screenshots updated in the first post)...

2) An enhancement that I should never had to do : actually, when I received the project, the first thing that I did is was to try optimizing it as much as I could and, among others, I got rid of all the overlays that were going with the buttons. Wrong move and I quickly regret it ! But I was still afraid to reintroduce them, dreading the 2 Mb stash ceiling, until the last 1.10 update : I saw then that there was still room for them. So I recreated them all, optimizing each one as much as I could, while hoping that all would fit. The result is that the button labels no longer act as if they were part of the control, allowing a much easier use of any right-clicking and makes the whole thing more coherent, workflow related.

3) Added : the still missing 'Original tint' layout for the transport bar.

4) Few more optimizations in the tcp, the main one aimed to allow a more persistent view of the tcp.fxin control which was disappearing as soon as the tcp panel width was going under 440 pixels.

@users of previous versions : only the .ReaperThemeZip file needs to be updated.

Think I'm almost done with this theme. Hope it will be useful for some of you...
cubic13 is offline   Reply With Quote