View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 09:57 PM   #1
kindafishy
Human being with feelings

Default Music to Murder - Nerve Damage

Time for these old dogs to post a new song. This tune is one of those "I've had this riff sitting around for around for years and years" kind of songs. Ten years gone by bookended by 30 seconds to stumble across the main riff and 10 minutes to finally come up with the rest of it.

Any and all thoughts are most welcome.

Music to Murder - Nerve Damage -> https://app.box.com/s/3lgwlqvrds6rew7jbnzguj7oei2kcoog

Updated to a new revision - final version for now unless there are glaring issues. Toned the guitar down further and pushed it back in the depth field, embiggened the low end, pushed Sammy's main vocals further out front (background vocals are not up front and loud on purpose). It's about as decent as my current skills will allow me to do and I am happy enough with it to ship it. Thanks for all the help, advice and thoughts on the mix. Further comments are most welcome of course, but will be applied to the next mix most likely.

Lyrics and Music by Eagles/Dixon 2021

Feed me now I'm falling... with remedies that push me farther down. Extricate me, desecrate me, leave me now, you're free.

Bleeding out, blown out and faded. No hand to guide, everything is gone. Can't get around this turn again now, too much damage done, too late.

Seeking escape from delayed pain... sanity is getting hard to reach. Sleepwalker, why did you give me these wings, beneath the hanging tree rescinding my sins?

No way out. Chasing dragons through the town. Cranker man is on the prowl.

Guess you're crying… I see you, crying alone for all that's dead and gone.

Reeling down, torn up and jaded. Slam a little dirt now, everything is fine. Don't waste your time, no hope for me now, too much damage done, too late.

Bleeding out, blown out and faded. No hand to guide, everything is gone. Can't get around this turn again now, too much damage done, too late.

Tell you one thing, you'll soon understand this, we all need to be here, bid your world good bye.

Last edited by kindafishy; 03-09-2021 at 07:57 PM.
kindafishy is offline   Reply With Quote