View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 07:14 AM   #20
Funkybot
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozart999uk View Post
Agreed. All excellent ideas!...although I notice that single right click on a note selects all notes on that row which is quite useful...... Doesn't make much difference to your idea though
Yeah, I was thinking about that too. It's definitely something that would need to be considered. I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world if that functionality stayed as is and opened a menu (particularly since hide actions rely on the selected note), but then if you just want to select all notes, having a menu pop up menu appear could be a pain.

Personally, I think something like Alt+left click [over a note] would be better suited to select all notes, but that would inevitably break someone's workflow and impact more than just the named notes view.

I kind of feel like the "MIDI Editor Notes Pane" almost warrants its own entry Preferences->Mouse Modifiers. For instance, if we could configure what Alt, Ctrl, Shift clicking on a note in that pane does, it would allow for greater flexibility by end users. You could implement a right-click menu or not (similar to CC lanes), and allow users to customize how Reaper behaves when clicking on note names.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote