View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 03:55 AM   #31
lowellben
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowellben View Post
Deleted screensets ini, it did nothing. Windows are still remembered in random and nothing remotely close to what the user has done in previous projects.
Just an fyi for devs,

STILL AN ISSUE. It's laughably consistent. Reaper just screams unpolished when crap like this happens. On every startup. I've deleted INI files, tried startup hack actions to work around, and it's just flat out unacceptable.

Sometimes my video window is floating. Sometimes my docker is hidden. Sometimes it's correct and my default layout project loads. UGH.

Reaper should ALWAYS open with the correct layout every time, chosen by user of course, end of story. Anyone arguing against that is clearly trolling or not with it. Why is this still a thing?

I would really appreciate it if people stopped blaming the users and instead realize that Reaper is in dire need of addressing these unpolished "bugs" because it IS bringing the rest down. It's not the user. It's not the DLL or INI files. It's Reaper. It's not because I didn't clean my cookies out. It's not my OS.

It's Reaper.

Is anyone serious about polishing up this DAW and fixing these hiccups? I'm happy to help. Whenever.