View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 09:18 AM   #63
stoman
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Winter View Post
I also edit and mix material in reaper with quite a few plugins, like ff, ik, ni, waves, etc. I mostly work at 1024 samples buffer. This is working fine for me personally but won't be enough for everyone..
Wait ... are you saying you can use your Waves plugins in Linux?

Quote:
BTW, I've long failed to use melodyne in wine, but a month or two ago I got it working again. Don't know what changed..
I was able to install it, but it creeps so incredibly slowly that it's unusable on my i7 with 64 GB of RAM. Perhaps there are some tweaks that need to be done regarding the wine configuration. I did not want to waste too much time, but I'd be interested if anybody knows more.

Quote:
OK, since we have no vst3 bridge we won't get the ara2 integration, but some day
I think having a native version of Melodyne and RX would be a big step. The problem is that nobody wants to take the first step.

Quote:
Still I have to admit, that booting win10 and loading a reaper project using windows vsts is a sobering experience... It runs way better and at much lower latency. Still work needs to be done in this area
There is only so much you can do when a complete operating system has to be emulated.

Quote:
Hopefully the bigger audio companies catch on some day too In fact waves soundgrid already run the dsp on linux servers, no gui to buy though.. superior drums is built with JUCE, so ought to be easy to port, etc, etc.
That would actually be a reason for me to buy Superior Drummer (pretty much the only drum library I don't have)! I think Studio One might be built using JUCE, too. Haven't checked it, but I do know that Presonus uses JUCE for some other products.

And if the others keep avoiding Linux, then U-HE has to fill all the remaining gaps!