View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 05:04 PM   #24
vdubreeze
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlue View Post
what annoys me is why they spend so much time writing esoteric possibilities but don't respond to the obvious problems
I don't see it as not responding to problems as much as having very different priorities than mine. But I agree with the sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post
For a great part, i have to agree with you.

I follow each Reaper (pre)update closely here and install it right away.
But then when i look at the release notes, i often scratch my head about what it is all about, most is complete abacadbra for me and then i wonder if i ever will need that abacadbra.
LOL! Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post
Been using Reaper for more than 10 years now and while being mostly quite happy with it, i indeed wonder why devs just don't have a look at the more basic DAW stuff to refine/implement such like this whole loop source debate.
I find myself constantly programming workarounds with Custom Actions, which i quite like, but then again, most functionality for these Custom Actions should be just natively available in Reaper, in a logic and apparent way (place).
When I listened to an interview with Justin maybe almost a decade ago he was asked about how he himself uses Reaper, and his response was a real "Ohhh, now I get why" moment for me. It's come a long, long way in satisfying a range of users but it seems that it wasn't originally designed with real world recording studio recording experience behind it, or a desire to identify those needs and fulfill them. More like here's a great recording program that can be customized for the user needs that are on our radar, of the users we envision working the way we do. And even as it has evolved into a much more mature and useful product, I think its origins as being built upon the kind of program it was dictates a bit of why, even with its updates, it doesn't totally satisfy some of us.

But I think people like us are in it because such a responsive developer and great community with a DAW that fits that description is a hundred times better than our nearly ideal DAW with an absent developer and lame/no community!