View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 01:28 AM   #38
Jan Flikweert
Human being with feelings

Hi,

A church organ works mechnanical. Pressing the same key in coupled state on both manuals and release one will not result in silence.

We may ask our selves: Must it be perfect. Probably it should be nice to if it works. REAPER is a DAW and not a VPO church organ. But such a great software with such a capabillatys in MIDI ......

An other thought is that: Why not use hardware input as we do and hardware output in the same track. Does this behave different?

I had from Melda a midi controller. You create in FX a midi controller. But the problem is it sents midi messages out. That is not like we wish i think.

It is complicated. In Holland whe say something like: Simple solutions represent true solutions.

Probably put it a way and after a few days look again. Be aware for tunnel-vision.
An other point is that I want to ad the coupler to de console because couplers must be part of the memory in my console. My external midi organ has good working couplers, but are not part of the memory. This covers 3 of the 6 couplers.

Kind regards

Jan Flikweert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobobo View Post
yepp,

i'm not sure how a real pipeorgan reacts here. i suppose it will not react to the

i press same key on both manuals, have them coupled and release the upper manuals key. a real pipeorgan won't "notice" that i suppose.

"our Multi Intrument with coupling" thing will play before the noteoff on upper manual with two voices (+ 3dB) and after release with one voice (0dB).
i guess we have to make a kind of midi processor between the midisend (input track) and the midireceive (instrumenttrack)

man, what a can of worms.
i have to rethink my concept
Jan Flikweert is offline   Reply With Quote