View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 02:33 PM   #5505
WaveTrans
Human being with feelings

Thanks for helping me out, MixMonkey.
(I daresay, your explanations will be helpful for others as well.)

I tried all variations I could think off now.

Sends work only if ontrackselection MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets is in home zone and toggles reliably with Send ToggleMapSelectedTrackSends.

The FX matter was more reluctant. The MapSelectedTrack.. commands using SelectedTrackNavigator did apparently not work.
So I tried MapFocusedFXToWidgets with which selected FX Menues can be controlled, using FocusedFXNavigator in the FX zones. Not shure if thatīs the correct behaviour but at least it works somehow. Will continue testing.

Cheers, again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Get rid of:
Code:
 Pan ToggleMapSelectedTrackFX
This Action will map ALL a channel's FX parameters to widgets. For instance, if you had a compressor and EQ on each channel, all their parameters will be mapped to the surface at once.

Get rid of:
Code:
Plugin MapSelectedTrackFXToWidgets
in Zone Channel. You already have it Zone Buttons, which is an included Zone that will be active along with Zone Channel.

It's probably worth pointing out that there are essentially three methods for mapping FX to widgets:

i) MapSelectedTrackFXToWidgets- maps all a channel's FX parameters to widgets in one go. Uses the SelectedTrackNavigator.

ii) MapSelectedTrackFXToMenu c/w GoFXSlot. Maps channel FX to a menu across channels 1 to n. Individual FX mapped using GoFXSlot. Uses the SelectedTrackNavigator. I'm not sure how you would use this with a single channel surface.

iii) MapFocusedFXToWidgets. Maps the Focused FX to widgets (focused window, usually, although selecting the FX in the FX chain window works as well) Uses the FocusedFXNavigator.

Whilst these aren't neccessarily mutually exclusive, it's probably a good idea to pick one to start with.

Last edited by WaveTrans; 12-10-2019 at 01:41 AM. Reason: correction of info, on behalf of the original author, MixMonkey
WaveTrans is online now   Reply With Quote