View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 01:37 PM   #8
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_id View Post
-ADVERTISING: This is a mystery item for me. I just don't know how or what to do. If anything, this is my goal for the next few months - Spend money to make money.

-WORD-OF-MOUTH: Every time someone mentions LVC-Audio plugins on some forum, I get crazy bumps in web traffic. When someone says, "what is a good limiter for cheap?" and someone answers with one of my limiters, I definitely get sales. It is amazing how much power each individual user has on a forum. I guess (in conjunction with advertising), I need to find a way to increase this a lot more.
Its been years since I was this relevant, but there are guys like me, who tended to be pretty verbose on forums and what not, and today with facebook and such, who cant even code the instructions for a turkey sandwich, but who have a lot of people following and/or asking for advice....digital guru-ish sort of thing

As a for instance, I don't know if we ever really discussed it, but the working model for REAPER was never to spend a penny for advertising, even when the magazines came calling asking to "review" (ahem) it. I think the closest thing that ever came to actual advertising, was paying my friend seven dollars to make the REAPER windshield vinyl banner for my Jeep, but that was more for my pride in REAPER than advertising.

Despite not advertising, REAPER seems to have a user or two

Today, though, I see so many alleged gurus out there, who's qualification seems to be strange sideburns, spray tans, general Life Coach/Self Help feel about them pushing this or that plugin or rack piece this week. It seems like they generate some buzz, but so many of the products they hawk are nowhere to be seen after a few months. I don't know how well that works
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote