View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #31
MJFarmermac
Human being with feelings

Default HELP!!! WTF!?!? Love Reaper, HATE its video

OK. I have a pretty robust machine (core i7 with 16 gigs of RAM) so I know that's not the problem, but I have NEVER been able to get Reaper's video to work properly. I usually get vids from clients that are MP4's or Quicktimes. Usually, I just get a black screen, occasionally, I get video that's upside down- hunh? So I was just trying to watch a vid that a client gave me and again, I'm getting nothing but a black screen, so I thought I'd try to download the latest FFMPEG shared build and see if that worked. So I did, unzipped it- the three files in the BIN folder were like 10-18 Megs each, whereas the ones actually in the Reaper folder initially were like 300 KB. OK that's weird, so I put the old ones in my recycle bin and put the new ones in my reaper folder. Now Reaper crashes every time I try to import a video. Crap! So I pull the old ones back out of the recycle bin and put them back in the reaper folder. Still crashes when I import a video file. Now I'm in trouble! What the hell is going on? For those of you who are good with this stuff, it's probably obvious that I don't understand ffmpeg or how it works, but that's part of the problem- I just want video that plays- it doesn't seem like that should require such a monumental effort and so many headaches! Someone please help!