View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 02:27 AM   #3404
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
This will be handy

Actually, it makes no difference if the widgets are contiguous or not. The blocks I've chosen simply allow me to divide the synth up conceptually. Things that are mapped to the same block will overwrite one another when called (so filter2 overwrites filter1, say, but won't overwrite the filter envelope because it's mapped to a different block).

Really the challenge is to work out what parameters you need to appear on the surface at the same time and make sure they are mapped to different blocks so they can.

For instance, you would want the LFOs to map to a different block than the modulation controls for oscillator, filter and amplifier, so they can be adjusted without constantly switching back and forth in the same block.

I've attached a pdf of the spreadsheet I used to plan it out. You'll be able to see how deep the madness runs Also a zip of the Zones built from the plan.

Each block (16x8) represents a C4 Zone. Red names within a block represent GoZone's within the Zone file. Black names are synth parameters. It's not done yet, but what I have seems to work well.
Yowsers !!

Very cool stuff indeed !!

Hope you're auto generating those .zon files

If you aren't, this is a trivial Excel programming task, layout wise, it's a simple hardcoded matrix.

Since your matrix never varies shape wise, statements like Cells(1, "A") are perfectly fine -- your matrix never adds or delete rows/columns -- it is always A1-D8, makes programming a breeze, do it or have a friend do it if you can, it really is easy

If you're already doing this, carry on, and good on ya'

https://www.homeandlearn.org/write_to_a_text_file.html

Instead of commas, you will be writing newline characters, so that each parameter is on a new line as per the .zon layout.

Just another reason why we concentrated on making the file formats simple -- easy to transfer from anything, including spreadsheets

[Edit] Just realized this -- congrats -- you have just written the first User Interface for CSI !!

CSI will now come with .xls spreadsheets for various surfaces -- C4, MCU, etc., brilliant !!

Thank you !!!

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 07-20-2019 at 02:47 AM.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote