View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 09:12 AM   #1
mrg198
Human being with feelings

Default -autoanalyse request

Would it be possible to have a switch that did the same kinda thing as -autorun but stopped after the analysis without running the 'go' section? I have an IBM/Lenovo thinkpad whichallows me to run programs when I connect to specific networks.

I want to have it auto backup my documents on the laptop to my home server filestore whenever I connect at home. -autorun is great, but sometimes I make changes using my desktop as well so the filestore is updated from both pcs hence I usually would use bidirectional sync. However bidirectional sync can't cope with deleting unneeded files or moving files around different folders as pathsync can't tell the difference between moved/renamed files and so I end up with two copies in different places!

If I could have the program autoanalyse whenever I connected and wait for me to click 'go' then I would be able to see what changes are about to be made and make adjustments if needed before clicking go and still save me the time waiting after I click 'analyse'.

Thanks

Michael
mrg198 is offline   Reply With Quote