View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 12:09 AM   #102
mgraham
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
While this is great, you also can use SWS LiveConfigs for this, which allows to push presets onto multiple plugis at the same time.
Wow - SWS LiveConfigs is a pretty impressive project! It definitely looks like this would be the easier approach for automating which subprojects are connected to VEP. I'll have to figure out how LiveConfigs would work with multiple subprojects.

Quote:
I don't understand why this is necessarily "forbidden" with VEP, but of course CPU load might be too high for audio playback, but rendering usually should not be affected.
Yeah, I don't know either why VEP has this limitation. I'll ask on the VEP forum and see what the deal is.

Quote:
If this would work, simply temporarily switching some of the subprojects to "pre-rendered" (and waiting until rendering is performed) would allow a for perfect workflow editing the one or few "live" subprojects and listening to the resuls without needing to wait (and avoid the "no parallel use" limitation of VEP - and maybe other plugins).
Yeah I guess so. Still I feel like a lot of time is going to be spent waiting for the renders to happen. It might be the best option though.
mgraham is offline   Reply With Quote