View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 11:45 AM   #3
Chris4943
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pljones View Post
Reaper comes with a built in client.

There's also the new JamTaba client that is available for MacOS I believe.
Sighhhhhhh, another goose chase after sketchy software.

Sorry, honestly don't mean to sound so pissy but I'm chasing my freaking tail here.
After reading the official Cockos Ninjam website I thought I needed to download some client software. I guess that's no longer the case? Wow, is it too much to ask to update the website with that particularly necessary info? (I'm not directing this frustration at you pljones but at Cockos).

Ok, I guess I don't need to download anything, hooray. It's already 'in' the overall Reaper program. Why would I need some other software like jamtaba then? Does that sort of take the place of setting up a 'server'? Cause the server download links are also outdated/useless.

All I wanna do is talk to a podcast co-host 50 miles away and record his medium fidelity audio in real time in my Reaper DAW in its own track alongside my vocal track, so that I don't have to sync up separate audio tracks later (it can be a pain and time consuming and I've messed it up before and ruined a whole show). Currently I'm using skype or my cell phone recorded in it's own track for the co-host's vocal track, but I've heard methods that are night and day better than this, yet I frustratingly can't get any of them to work.

This Reaper Ninjam thing seems to be the holy grail but it's honestly pretty difficult to get a handle on from a newbie's perspective.

Last edited by Chris4943; 11-13-2015 at 11:51 AM.
Chris4943 is offline   Reply With Quote