View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 02:12 PM   #83
kfoltman
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestcontrol View Post
> Maybe this + ability to control arbitrary plugins using EQ knobs and Assignable button, would provide enough support to be able to call it a finished version.

Indeed that'd be superb.

One thing to think about though: Controlling EQ imho only makes sense if you also SEE the four EQ bands you're about to tweak. So most likely the ReaEQ "curve window" should pop up as soon as you press one of the low/lomid/himid/high EQ band buttons, and maybe disappear as soon as you press any non-EQ-related button (like transport control, select btn etc) on the 428.
kfoltman, please get in touch with me if I can help you somehow.
I've just implemented the EQ knob support for ReaEQ. Unfortunately, I can't get the "show FX window" (action 40291) functionality to work. It indeed showed the FX window, but for the wrong track.

Implementing it properly would probably require either lots of help from Cockos team (including maybe extra APIs), or some really ugly workaround hacks. Either way, it's more work than I have spare time for.

I've implemented a second function for EQ knobs instead. If neither of EQ bands is selected, they send continuous controller (relative) 16, 17 or 18 to Reaper, and these can be keymapped/used for automation. The ASGN button makes the jog wheel send controller 19 (relative) in the same manner. Hell, maybe I should do the same for all aux/fn-type buttons too?
kfoltman is offline   Reply With Quote