View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 07:30 PM   #108
Untamed Spirit
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Morris View Post
What did you like about the "virtual faders"? In my experience it was inaccurate, sometimes jumping the fader to where my finger was registering. It left a bad taste in my mouth.

They were silent and programmable and responsive though. I'll check em out again.

a friend compared the use of virtual knobs and faders like having phone sex rather than the real deal.
Considering it's first generation technology competing with motorized faders that have more or less reached the apex of their development I think the touchscreens are amazing. I haven't really spent enough time to explore in depth what is lacking from a multitouch screen implementation, but I actually found it much better than I expected. Like any new technology it requires changes in approach and I imagine that will rule out a number of die hard users. However, I see the whole touchscreen approach as one I will adopt in the near future barring any serious drawbacks. I just assume there will be a learning curve for users as well as programmers to emulate the environment we have at the moment.
I should have guessed mentioning virtual knobs would bring up the sex thing and I think the comparison to phone sex and the real thing might be accurate. I always figure WHO I'm having sex with is more important than HOW. So being in bed with Avid has sure given me drinker's droop in the past
Untamed Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote