View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 11:46 PM   #168
itamar92
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorky View Post
Hi Itamar92,

To be perfectly honest, I've no idea how to.

Some more meat on the bones: When I bind a "pedal switch" to the UG pedal interface, the UI gives a value of "24" for example to start/stop auto-scroll. So a button or pedal switch interaction is identified as a numeric across a Bluetooth path to the remote tablet. What I would like to do is emulate that message out of the Reaper environment, across the Bluetooth path to the Android tablet to achieve the same end result. By making this a ReaScript action I would hope to embed that action into a marker on the Reaper timeline so as the play head passes the marker, the tab starts to auto-scroll on the remote device [for example]. Or equally assign the action [or other related actions] to some other control surface such as a foot controller [FCB1010?]

The detail of making that relatively simple transfer eludes me as I have no fecking idea how to code it up.

I have no experience of working with other guitar tab style programmes [SongBook for example] but have this notion that guitar tab players on remote devices in general would enjoy being driven from Reaper for auto "page turning" scenarios.

Whilst not specific to Alex's ReAlive initiative, it struck me as a potential add on that may be popular to live players such as myself whom often play a wide set of numbers and need those helpful props to get through. As I've gotten older, retaining words gets harder by the year!

Hope that helps a little to explain the potential use case?

Cheers
First of all, you can adjust midi notes/cc to any action in reaper.
then, you can use an app called " midimittr " to transmit midi messages to Bluetooth.
if you are using mac I would suggest creating a new midi track that will be responsible for all the midi commands and you will route his send to the IAC driver (an internal routing of the computer) if on windows so you can use loop midi.

hope this will help.
itamar92 is offline   Reply With Quote