View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 09:45 AM   #415
Kitarraman
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tack View Post
This is basically like the multi scenario described here:

http://reaticulate.com/reabank.html#...hannel-routing

The main difference is that instead of straight channel routing, you'll want to send some keyswitch to that channel to activate the articulation.

Adapting the example from the documentation:

Code:
//! c=legato i=legato o=note@1:10
20 legato
//! c=long i=note-whole o=note@2:5
1 sustains
//! c=short i=staccato o=note@3:7
40 staccato
Here each of the articulations routes to a different channel (@2 routes to channel 2) and sends a note to trigger the keyswitch. I just made up the note values 10, 5 and 7, it would be whatever note values are used to activate the articulation on the patches on those channels.

When you add this bank to your track, you choose a source channel. You can put omni there, even if you just intend to only use channel 1, but in that case if all your source MIDI data is on channel 1 (including your program changes to change articulations), Reaticulate takes care of routing to the appropriate destination channel on the VSTis. You just deal with one channel within the Reaper MIDI item.
Tack, I always wanted to ask you something: I always write my banks this way
//! c=#FF0000 i=note-whole o=note@1:24
24 Sustain All
Using the same number for the note output and the name of the articulation is going to bite me in the ass someday in the future? I hope not, to this day never had an issue (if we don't count Miroslav not receiving the articulation changes... I've given up on that front)
Kitarraman is offline   Reply With Quote