View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 03:26 PM   #44
Markcastle_
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazma View Post
I have created these custom actions and assigned to my horizontal and vertical mousewheel:

The scrolling does not get totally smooth but it seems to help a bit. Try how many 0.5x multipliers work best for you. For me 2 for horizontal and 1 for vertical gave best results.

However, no matter what you do, while inertia works for wide scrolls with mouse throttling off, the small scrolls are still jerky, not pixel-smooth.

Another interesting thing:
I was able to shortly try out the MX Master 3 mouse (which everyone claims to be the best mouse), to see if the free wheel spin with smooth scrolling (in Logitech Options) works like Apple's trackpad and magic mouse. However without 3rd party solutions, even the MX Master doesn't do pixel-smooth scroll and it even doesn't in apps that support it (like web browser etc).
So I think it is an apple-mouse/trackpad exclusive behavior connected in some way to the OS that most apps support but Reaper does not. I will soon make a more precise feature request in the FR forum to support pixel-smooth scroll with apple devices (given that they already support inertia, maybe we can get this too).
MX Anywhere 2, here, still no smooth scrolling, zooming on Windows 10.

Did you send that request, didn't you?
Markcastle_ is offline   Reply With Quote