View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 08:00 AM   #20
Jim Roseberry
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rome View Post
The name TX16W brings back a lot of memories - good and bad.

I don't need more samplers but I really like that it has a unique and highly sophisticated feature that none of the big samplers have: It can sample audio.
FWIW, If the sampler has automatic mapping (when finished sampling - like Emulator X)... I get the point.

Otherwise I just don't see the advantage of integrated sampling (within the plugin). You've got that capability in any DAW application... with 100 times the options/flexibility. Plus, you can typically drag/drop samples directly into the plugin...

IMO, Kontakt (for better or worse) is so far ahead of the competition... there literally is no competition. HALion 4 and Indy Pro have some nice features... but they're not even close (especially considering Kontakt's custom script capabilities). Some serious competition would be good (for us and in the long run for Native Instruments)... but from who/where is it going to come? Who can afford the massive ~10 year developement that it'll take to equal/surpass Kontakt? About as bad a strangle-hold as Microsoft has on the OS market.
Jim Roseberry is offline   Reply With Quote