View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 03:07 AM   #27
aveter
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
As long as you are aware that this is not really a bug (this thread should be in feature requests section), it's just a different way of calculating gradual tempo changes. They can be either linear in time, or linear in beats. Both ways are equally valid.

By the way, the latest Reaper prerelease contains a fix for importing time signatures incorrectly attached to MIDI tracks, which should alleviate at least one faulty thing that GP exports.

Actually, Justin and schwa are the only developers of Reaper.
I did not know that this is all the developers. The better for the good of the cause.

You can count as you like, even on hyperbole, but this is wrong. The physical process of tempo change itself takes place according to natural laws. Therefore, the developers of Cubase, Sibelius, Dorico (here the same developers as Sibelius), Guitar Pro and many others, are counting on the natural logarithm. Only one Reaper developers think linearly and think that's right. In nature, all changes occur in the natural logarithm: the waterfall falls in the natural logarithm, the spectra of light and sound are decomposed in the natural logarithm, the change of pace also occurs in the natural logarithm. When a musician gradually slows down or speeds up his performance, this process is not linear, but by the function of the natural logarithm. That's why the developers of Cubase, Guitar Pro, Sibelius and Dorico modeled this process, calculating the law of natural logarithm. This logarithm is therefore called natural. No wonder mathematics and physics discovered the exponent (number e) and discovered the logarithm, and the natural logarithm. Everyone can count as you like. Here is only will whether correctly?..

Do you even know what a logarithm is? What is it? Why are there different kinds of logarithms? Why a decimal logarithm? Why natural logarithm? Please answer these questions. Just like that? The whim of mathematicians and physicists to play with toys? No. It shows the mathematical weight of a value in a set of values. It is the weight. So the natural logarithm shows the weight of the beat in a variety beats by gradual uniform change in tempo. Moreover, Dorico and Sibelius is possible to set uneven changes in tempo, for example, when a musician is first slowly accelerated, and then accelerated faster and faster. This is an even more complex function, since the second order derivative of the logarithmic function is calculated.

I apologize for my English, but I think you will understand me. And developers too.
aveter is offline   Reply With Quote