View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 05:56 PM   #12
NecroPolo
Human being with feelings

Thanks for the rechargeable USB battery idea! I'll be checking it.

The Q2HD is a pretty nice tool for the price, I'm quite happy with it. Not movie quality but what the hell, the simple music videos that I intend to shot just don't need to be that. It also does an amazing job on recording my live shows just for analysis. If someone said 10 years ago that this sound clarity will be possible with a compact recorder without using an external mic and the unit will be under $100, I would tell him that it will never happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulich View Post
Your videos are showing me I should really revisit how I do things in Reaper... thanks!
I'm really glad if I could inspire you to check the video editing feature of Reaper. It was the purpose of this thread anyway.

For normal projects Shotcut is really nice I think. But some of the sessions above is anything but normal. For example, the Moon landing video was brewtal. It included a chunk of 50GB source files (over a hundred of files with different formats), 60 video tracks and heavy video processing through the whole session. That is the load range of some big business video editor system and the range of a short movie and Reaper handled it with ease, without any sweat.

I'm not saying I could not imagine more precise colour, brightness/contrast and filter tools and better interface for the video processor but it's still super great for what it is as everything works fine, stable and functional.

Last edited by NecroPolo; 01-14-2017 at 03:35 PM.
NecroPolo is offline   Reply With Quote