View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 06:47 PM   #39
Bevosss
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youn View Post
I do this with free midi files all the time. just goto properties of the midi object and select "Ignore project tempo information", then create your tempo map. Render the midi object as FX with MIDI output, and this new take is the tempo-map injected midi object which you can cut and paste around and it should stay intact. You could also quantize the performance at this point by taking away the tempo map and your midi performance remains intact but with no tempo changes, then re-apply a tempo map to create custom tempo for that midi object. crazy stuff. play around with it.

bevoss, if you can understand this and want to do a crazy tutorial to more clearly demonstrate it to others, that would rock!
I would man, but I think I'm the one who needs the tutorial here.

But I got the first part, and I assume the second line refers to 'apply track fx to items as new take (midi output)'.

And I assume once rendered alonside a tempo map, the rendered midi item now has those tempo properties.

A question: is there a way to see the tempo properties of a midi item in Reaper somewhere?
Bevosss is offline   Reply With Quote