Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Default Transfer from IID#264

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsup
un necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSER View Post
Make the VSTi send to both channel 1+2 AND 3+4 and then use the channel 3+4 to send to the other track (as the only VSTi track) or make a separate track for the VSTi.

FWIW in the current way REAPER handles VSTis it is the most logical way to treat them as ordinary effects
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub3000
if anyone changes the current system, i'll get very angry, i use this sort of thing everywhere for layering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstruct
This feature wouldn't mess up anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by labyrinth
Do you think there should be a line or an after sends fx bin below the sends?
Quote:
I call it "movable deviders". So that you can also drag that deviders above or below plugins (instead of selecting plugins and moving them).
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakey.oberon
this is really needed, so you can easily do prefx sends on a vsti track
Quote:
Not just that -> Post-Fader FX too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain caveman
Apart from all the usual uses for post fader FX and being able to define in a way what FX creates the sound and what effects it, this could easily solve the MIDI fader/pan problem.

If you could put FX pre and post fader you could make the fader control MIDI volume by placing one test tone producing plugin pre-fader and one plugin that outputs CC7 based on any changes to the volume of the test tone. Saved as a track template of course.

I'm sure someone could rustle those plugins up in an afternoon if the pre/post fader placement of FX were implemented.

Two birds with one stone and all that, cause post-fader inserts are standard issue too.

edit: unless I am tripping, that solution would work for MIDI volume and pan, if the 2nd plugin took the changes of position of the signal in the stereo field and sent pan as well as volume MIDI CCs.

(I hope that is more descriptive than the "+1" post that was deleted).
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote