View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 10:30 PM   #62
dterry
Human being with feelings

I'll echo some comments here with my wishlist for post (and scoring):

1 - True video track with thumbnails - too confusing managing video from an audio track.
2 - Decklink video output support
3 - Remote video slave support
4 - ADR style video overlays for punches, streamers, etc - sent to external video playback, or slave video system to second/external monitor.
5 - Folders to completely hide contained tracks (a la Nuendo) - no lines or minimum height tracks - just takes up space in large track-count projects. I use folders to compact high track count projects in sections - all I need is the folder and a composite track overview for that folder (e.g. give folders a "folder only" option for ease of management).
6 - Eucon Pro support
7 - VST instrument rack for quicker access (and easier management of multiple outputs?)
8 - Ability to scrub objects to video via head, tail and sync point (Soundtrack Pro actually has the coolest implementation of this with a 3 window video scrub preview).

Obviously not a simple request list, but there it is.

I use Nuendo currently, which is a great app of course, but there is a lot I like about Reaper that sets it apart (launching in 3 seconds and working perfectly with plugins and VSTis that seem to bomb Nuendo are only part of that).

Very impressive app and development progress!
dterry is offline   Reply With Quote