Thread: Electronica???
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 08:29 AM   #7
sammydix
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPI View Post
I'm hearing some random synths being triggered or something during the first 5 seconds of the second drop. Screwed notes or something not sure. I don't think it was anything you did, maybe I fudged something on the export. Around the 2:06 mark

Yeah, id say the tone of the guit's don't vibe with the overall smooth mix you have going here. Also, is the synth downlifter distorted in the intro and breakdown? I'm hearing some crunching there as well.

What I'm kind of realizing is that there is a nice quality to sound that isn't super compressed. In my version, I slammed almost everything and the result is a bit harsh. This has a nice organic feel to it that just feels right.

Also, You boosted the volume of sounds that I left quite low because I just didn't know how to mix them. Sounds great actually having all the elements intended put to use.

hmmm.. You know what, I accidently removed a couple fx from the snare and conga that should have been burned into the mix I sent you. Simple, slowly rea-pitch up and take out a touch of low frequencies of the snare during the build.

So yeah just burn everything in after you get that distortion taken care of and send it my way! I'd be proud to use it.
I feel dense; I still don't hear what you're saying about 2:06. Maybe, once you have the stems, re-edit those parts? I've got no probs with you fine tuning/re-editing to taste.
I don't know what a "synth downlifter" is. ha But I didn't intentionally distort any synth parts. Can you give me the time--just when it kicks in--of the one you mean? Or better yet, the name of the track.
I'll prob fix and send this eve, but one last question--include or exclude the mixbuss?

EDIT: Since I'm a noob, I'm pretty sure I'll botch the snare. Maybe, if you want to keep your original fx, re-add them to mine?

Last edited by sammydix; 06-09-2017 at 08:36 AM.
sammydix is offline   Reply With Quote