View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 10:16 AM   #105
nitsuj
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawi View Post
Can I get the following?
  • Save the window size so that I don't have to reset it every time.
  • A nice font, like Arial or MS Sans Serif.
  • More labeling of the frequencies, e.g. 20, 50, 200, 500, 2000, 5000, 20000 Hz or a mouse cursor that always shows the position in Hz.
  • Butterworth as default filter.
  • Invert phase button.
  • A faster analyzer.

Edit: Since there are already three EQ versions with different features, it would be nice if the developers would jointly create a SuperEQ from the three versions.
I guess the thing here is that some suggestions are good, some are out of the remit of JSFX and others are a matter of personal preference.

For example, I don't think JSFX can remember window size but you can achieve this by saving ReEQ in an FX chain as you want it.

I kept the labelling of frequencies sparse because originally I had the info panel showing Hz present all the time, so it was easy to see. The mods by TVM79 made the info panel only visible when dragging a node so you can't now generally use the mouse to see frequencies. That's a side effect of doing it this way (which incidentally is the way Fabfilter does it).

I modelled the analyzer speed to be the same as DMGAudio's Equilibrium because I like it that way.

Invert phase would be handy.

No right or wrong here - maybe some of these things can find their way into a settings include file. I think I've seen some other JSFX use that technique for color settings.

I think at some point soon I'll consolidate some of the mods taking place back into the base version and get it onto Github.
nitsuj is offline   Reply With Quote