View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 10:10 AM   #15
Trancit
Human being with feelings

I had just a short look at it and I have to say it follows the Reaper way...

EvilDragon posted this in the other thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
But this "scripts can tweak themes" thing is actually NOT making theming easier, it's making it harder by adding another layer of complexity on top of an already complex system (WALTER)...
I find this new theme for myself completely useless...
Everything seems huge and bulky making everything more difficult and confusing...

This "preview" is another drop into an already very full barrel better to turn away from Reaper...
For me this all goes into a completely wrong direction...
I do not want to have another level of control of the other 10 millions level of control I have already...
Somehow many of the complaints made by hundreds of people seem to bounce off everybody responsible...

What Reaper lacks of is not more control or a different way of control...
What Reaper lacks of is making all this millions of features and alternative ways useable... and I donīt mean useable after I spent half a year on learning myself how things could work...
I try to be a producer... not a GUI hacker, scripts explorer, rocket scientist or an iventor of how I could use my computer keyboard in 5 different layouts and trying to memorize 250 shortcuts

I will have a look from the distance how things will evolve...
With the current pace it will take another 2-3 years until V6 will arrive...

Time to concentrate on a product where I can work with out of the box and donīt stumble from workaround to workaround and search in thousands of scripts if I can find something which could eventually help me...

But WT, thx for let me having an insight that things will never change... Sadly Reaper will stay a nerd tool and will not grow up with V6 neither...

Sorry for perhaps upsetting many peeps but everytime I dive deeper into Reaper my blood starts boiling and searches for a vent...
Trancit is offline   Reply With Quote