View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 09:08 PM   #193
Tod
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwreck View Post
A bit of info from testing Ezdrummer. Each alphabetic letter marks a new sample set, responding within the given CC4 values.

Code:
Ezdrummer2 - 14" Sabian HHX Groove - Tip articulation
Closed		CC4 value
A		127-126
B		125-120
C		119-90
D		89-60
E		59-8
F		7-0
Open

Ezdrummer2 - 14" Paiste Giant Beat - Tip articulation
Closed		CC4 value
A		127-120
B		119-90
C		89-60
D		59-29
E		28-8
F		7-0
Open

Ezdrummer2 - 14" Sabian HHX Manhattan - Tip articulation
Closed		CC4 value
A		127-126
B		125-120
C		119-90
D		89-60
E		59-30
F		29-8
G		7-0
That's some good info bw, especially if we can narrow down the articulations.

Quote:
Going further, we can find out if the same values are true for shaft articulations. And we can bounce between two values at the boarder of two ranges and listen for what is going on for the transition between ranges. Is it simple switching, crossfading, or something more? Providing user configurable min and max values would be handy here for tinkering with these transitions.
May I ask what "shaft" articulations are, I don't think I've heard that word used before in relation to the drums.

I checked Studio Drummer and they've only got 4 positions. The values are where each articulation starts. They also don't have any
means to change anything regarding articulations or values, what you see is what you get.

Tight starts at 127
partial closed starts at 51
partial open starts at 38
more open starts at 25

Quote:
What I notice right away is that there isn't much CC4 range provided for the more closed sample sets, at least for two of the hi-hats. So for myself, it will be handy to have a new jsfx for modifying that to taste. In other words, this isn't a pedal/drum brain problem. It is an issue in the sampler.
Yeah, and I think this will always be a problem unless the sampler can provide the means to set up values as well as articulations in any
desired configuration. Within reason of course.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote