View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 10:44 AM   #30
Gribble
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
mixtape to which number did you change it? 99 would make it something like Notators 99 patterns from Atari ST. I have to test this with your recent tip how to use those smooth region looping.

I imagine using as follow would make it like 99 scenes of "Ableton Live" session view. Each region will be considered a scene, e.g. if each is 1 bar long, you would have 99 bars reserved for these scenes.

Then after bar 100 you can start recording based on what is now playing... so copying always from looped region to the arrange behind it, as long as you wish, and you can mute tracks while looping and all these muted would be recorded as well, so in effect all like in Live's session view, if not better. And this part is already possible, I did it in the past. If the smooth region loop switching is work, that would complete that feature, nicely.
I agree that Reaper is surprisingly good for 'scene'/loop arranging, when you use the scope of custom actions and mapping to the keyboard/midi hardware.

I've taken a slightly different approach to building up scenes - custom actions to append a new 16 track (sent to a keyboard workstation, or individual VIs as needed) loop of x bars to the end of the project, either empty, or copying through items on selected tracks in the current loop. It creates a region for the new loop so you can jump the playhead back to play or record more as needed. I love the flow of this, and it's easing the pain of not having a full clip launching view..
Gribble is offline   Reply With Quote