View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 03:33 PM   #766
sai'ke
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxliniere View Post
Awesome, thanks. I don't want to seem ungrateful, but it really would be best if filters always maintained correct polarity. (Obviously this is not possible where phase shifts occur, but the basic system should always be '+ in, + out'.)
You're right of course.

At first, I thought it may be a phase issue, but you were correct in that the polarity was inverted. I just checked it a bit more extensively. I also checked the paper again, and I think they define their input voltage differently. Anyways, I swapped the polarity. I also checked the others and it seems like the Narsty also had a polarity issue which is now resolved. Thanks for the keen eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Sorry, I'm a procrastinator. I'll get on it. Just some touch up stuff, but I might try one more new one.
Hey, no prob! I thought I'd just give you a nudge

Quote:
Since you're good at math, can I get the 0-1 value from a 0-255 value just by dividing 255/(0-1 value)? If so, do you have any favorite art works you'd like me to copy the color scheme of?
A famous work of art? Pshshhhhhh I have no idea. I quite like your purple rain theme

Quote:
One other problem Is that the floating tooltip background is also dark. Can it follow the color of the combo bg? Or is it there and I just don't see it?
Good point. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Since it appears that Filther's approaching final stages(?), I wanna quickly give all my last input.
Fair enough

Quote:
1. Are envelopes and feedback still beta (cos the parentheses)?
Removed.

Quote:
2. Thresh text over the line should be centered, so it can't overlap the buttons.
OK, done.

Quote:
3. Feedback "A" button still has the line through it, unlike the other buttons.
Ooh, good eye. Done.

Quote:
4. Maybe a "?" button in the corner to turn off the tooltips and hilighting altogether? Secret shortcut would be fine too...(e.g. ctrl+?)
There is already a shortcut for this. It's T, but it wasn't in the help (F1), which it is now. I don't really want to add a button, because anywhere I put it it looked weird and out of place.

Quote:
5. I don't seem to have control of the font color for the background, so in the light theme we can't see the labels of the graphs. Might be easiest for consistency if that just followed the filter description color.
Done. I've exposed the new colors too though. In case you do want a last minute tweak. New colors are: label_color_rgba, gonio_axis_rgba and spline_knot_rgba (noticed some readability issues there).

Quote:
6. I guess it's late for a big change but I'm just wondering about the multiplier buttons. Combined, they give an array of delay speeds. Why not dropdown lists for that?
Sorry, can't be done without screwing up earlier presets, so no.

Quote:
7. One more biggie I guess, but it suddenly strikes me how nice it would be to have a mirror button on the envelopes. The envelope would then alternate between forwards and backwards. Especially when looping, this would be awesome.
...if I feel adventurous at some point, I might add this, but it's shelved for now.

Quote:
8. Bold/bigger text for major sections; Master, Filthers, Routing, Dynamics, LFO, Envelopes? I know, nitpicky.
Bolded on your themes.

Quote:
9. Filled input on RMS graph?
Done. Good idea actually, also to keep it similar to the spectrum.

Quote:
10. Lastly, the meters on the voltage graphs...maybe 50% opacity
I will expose them as variable for your themes. Set to 50% now.

Quote:
And oh man! Let me also reiterate how slick this plugin has come together. It's truly a joy to behold. So much cleverness in that code... And with the color options you've allowed me, it can be immediately intuitive, despite the incredible complexity!
I don't know if it's that clever. It's just a lot.

There are things I would've done differently if I had to do it again. But alas, this is part of the process

Switching themes can be done with the "." key.

And Fox, thanks a lot for making these themes! It's quite nice seeing it with fresher colors

Last edited by sai'ke; 05-13-2019 at 03:45 PM.
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote