View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #30
519tbarr
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOM View Post
This is not at all necessarily true. A specific computer setup can exploit weaknesses in a programs code that might not otherwise be a major issue.

For example, just because a program doesn't crash on 99.9% of computers does not mean that the program is not buggy.

Check out to see that you are simply dead wrong: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_FDIV_bug.

If a program crashes and it is not due to hardware failure(corrupt memory or drive) then it is due to a bug/design flaw. Simple as that.
DOM

Thank you for your support on that one.
I am no computer wizard... but using PC towers for years I have never had an issue like this upgrading to a new OS using any of my various DAW's.
Why Acid Pro 7 and Studio One work perfect is completely oblivious to me.
Also regarding my situation, I have two soundcard setups.
1 is my old M-Audio 2496 card (which my old band mate is running no problem with reaper on his i3 intel system)
And my second setup is a little focusrite 2i2 scarlett that is usb 2.0 and is windows 8 driver ready.

Ollie -
Exact computer and Make

Brand ASUS - Model CM1831 - 8 Core AMD FX-8120 - 8 gigs of ram.
Current BIOS version (last one posted last April - 0903 bios number)

Can't say I know someone who is techno computer savvy. I've been my best helper on that front other than possibly taking it to an actual computer tech at say best buy or future shop.

I have been in touch with ASUS - and AMD. Chipset drivers on ASUS are only available for Windows 7 - 64 bit. But AMD had chipset drivers available for the tower Windows 8 compatible.

I am not using the internal video card. I am using an NVIDIA GT 520 - gig of dedicated ram on the chip. Updated to the current drivers.

That's all for tonight.
Again thanks DOM! Appreciate the support.
People and their feathers getting ruffled out here!
I just want to record and edit my music in Reaper - and live in peace!
519tbarr is offline   Reply With Quote