View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 01:23 PM   #234
Tod
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. PC View Post
Amazing, wow...

A few questions.

If I want the 127 layer version (Reaper version) is the link in the OP of this thread the most up to date? Or is the website more up to date etc...

the OP of this thread seems to have everything in 1 zip, whereas other sources seem to have multiple download parts

"SMD Stereo Cymbals Samples (Hats, Rides, & Crash)."

"SMDrums Stereo Drums Samples (Kiks, Snares, & Toms)…"
Hi Mr. PC, they are totally to different versions with completely different samples. I don't really have a lot of info about the mega kit, that is Suleiman's department, and I think he's either on vacation or tied up, I haven't seen or heard from him for a while.

The SMD kit I put together doesn't have the 127 layers but there are quite a few layers, enough to be able to get pretty good dynamics out of it.

Quote:
Also, I'm curious how the choke works. I'm using the Embertone Jazz Kit, and the choke sounds quite real. Are they simply doing a release when you trigger the next high-hat sample? So there's no "choke" sample?
If I'm not mistaken, I think you have Kontakt don't you? If so, that kit has different mic positions and you have a lot more control.

Regarding the "choke", Reaper's RS5K doesn't have one, but there are some JS FX that might work. I've personally never gotten the JS plugin to work very well, so I just cut the note off where I want it to choke. That actually works pretty well, because you can set up the amount of Release for the choke.

Kontakt of course has a good choke, so no problem there.

I think the Embertone Jazz Kit come in Kontakt doesn't it?
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote