View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 10:55 AM   #9
serr
Human being with feelings

It sounds like you found a bug with folder buses. If you can reproduce it (which it sounds like you can), post the .rpp session file with an example of the normal bus routing working properly and then the folder bus with PDC screwed up. Run a quick render of something to illustrate the offset.

It sounds like PDC is crashing on the folder bus. A folder bus and normal bus routing are supposed to be identical.

I see faux pas here and there with PDC. I have a plugin or two that reports its lag incorrectly to PDC. I honestly haven't tried it with a folder bus to test. I only use normal busing and universal tracks FWIW. (What works for you while the folder bus does not.) The JS Time adjuster plugin can be set to negative numbers in samples to let you run it live in parallel processing scenarios but PDC can get crashy with too many of these plugins in a session. I've had crashy behavior when stressing PDC too much on a single track with multiple higher lag but otherwise behaving plugins too. The workaround there is to split some plugins out to multiple daisy chain routed tracks.

Sorry to hear this scared away a client! Next time don't panic. Announce that something's wrong and it's not an OK waste of anyone's time. Be more disapproving than they are right away! Something like "I'm sorry, some weird bug just got shaken out. This isn't acceptable and I'm not charging for the hours today because of this. I'll do the clean up on my own time too and solve the bug and then get you guys back in here. No worries and nothing lost. These things come up sometimes. Hey, at least we're not using Protools or Windows! This would be an every session kind of thing for those poor folks!" You're on their side and you have their back against the misbehaving software.
serr is offline   Reply With Quote