View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #39
Bearcub
Human being with feelings

I used to think there was a formula, perhaps too complex to be deciphered by humans, but a formula for a great song, a magical song everyone would like. But I've gotten wiser through the years.

The other day I played the classic "God only knows" from Pet Sounds to this woman who has a pretty broad, yet very sophisticated taste in music. And her reaction to that song, I wont even repeat here for politeness reasons, but let's just say was not kind. And to me that song is as close to perfection and magic as you can get, so...it goes to show you can't please all.

It's odd with "Comical World", I've gotten emails about the production and writing of it, and requests from singers who want to do it, which is great and flattering. I didn't expect it, since it's a song called "In Regret" that seems to completely overshadow everything else from the people who have the actual demo cd. But "In Regret" came and went fast on the reaper forums.

It's very hard to second guess people's tastes. Different people, different tastes. You just have to do your best work, and hope it connects with the right people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadosy View Post
you've got a recognizable voice, you sing on pitch, and your voice doesnt have any ugly spikes anywhere that i can hear, your phrasing is good...

you're probably gonna be pushed into singing your own songs

unless you come up with that magic song that somebody falls in love with
Bearcub is offline   Reply With Quote